Okay, yes Hillary was a kick ass Sec of State, but um… why the fuck are the shoes pink platform peep-toe shoes? We get that Hillary is a woman…and we know it’s Hillary’s because her name’s on the shoe, but WHAT?
Because everyone must be reminded that the former Secretary of State and all-around badass is a woman, and thus she is first and foremost a sexualized object/person and only after that a powerful, ambitious, intelligent, successful political figure. Plus, baby pink platform peep-toes are a symbol of fashion-conscious young femme sexuality, and this allows for Ms. Clinton to be subtly belittled by implying shallowness and reiterates that she is a female, i.e. childlike or childish, as well.
I want to see my lack of ambition when some man say this to my face and I punch him right on his balls and stand there watching him while he suffers on his knees.
1. ’never been forced to die in a war’…really. Here is a link to the female casualties of the Iraq war. Here is a link to the female casualties of the Vietnam war. Here is a link listing male and female casualties of World War II. How about you shut your moronic mouth and realize that in a war, EVERYONE is forced to die, not just those with penises.
2. ’You are not capable of performing the same tasks men do because you lack the ambition and devotion to do a good job at anything. This is why you get paid less.’ Tell that to Jessica Lynch, Hillary Clinton, Marion Jones, Harriet Tubman, Susan B. Anthony, Stephanie Kwolek, Marie Curie, Madeline Albright, Cleopatra, Hatshepsut, Queen Elizabeth I, Gertrude B. Elion, Rosalind Franklin. I could make an entire post about women performing the same tasks as men and BEATING them on their own male-dominated field.
3. ’Remember when you weren’t allowed to vote? It’s because you lack the enough logical reasoning skills to take difficult decisions in a sound manner.’ Since this sentence is grammatically illogical, I don’t even need to argue the point. I win by default.
4. ’You have never ruled the world. Because you lack the enough physical strength and intelligence to lead an army or a nation.’ We have never ruled the world because we’re not stupid enough to attempt it. And yes, we have led armies and nations—Cleopatra, Elizabeth I, Queen Victoria, Joan of Arc, Boudicca, Artemisia of Caria, Zenobia, Tamar of Georgia off the top of my head. There have been others. Many others.
5. ’The only reason you need wimpy support groups (i.e. feminism) is because of your primal instinct of inferiority.’ No, the reason we need feminism is because of the male inferiority complex which leads idiots to make these kinds of posts.
6. ’You have never invented anything worth mentioning during the last thousands of years of recorded human history.’ So, kevlar, windshield wipers, non-reflecting glass, dishwashers, signal flares, x-ray technology, the leukemia fighting drug 6-mercaptopurine, whiteout, vacuum packed canning, optical analysis systems, gas heating furnaces, the process of isolating human stem cells, are not worth mentioning? Or perhaps this person is too much of a dumbass to know this?
7. ’Mathematics, philosophy, science, medicine, and all of the important building blocks of modern society were created by men.’ Okay first off, no one created mathematics, philosophy, or science—we discover it. Secondly, some famous women that helped further all of these—Marie Curie, Eva Viehmann, Maria Chudnovsky, Hypatia, Sophie Germain, Ada Lovelace, Emmy Noether, Thermistoclea, Diotima of Mantinea, Aspasia of Miletus, Heloise, St. Teresa of Avila, Catherine of Siena, Agamede, Aglaonike, Merit Ptah, Theano, Constance Calenda, Lilavati, I COULD GO ON.
And we did it all while looking fabulous and occasionally bearing children. So go fuck yourself, whoever shared and wrote this idiotic facebook post. Woe to you if it ever shows up on MY facebook feed.
Let’s all take a moment to quell our rage by laughing at the “I’m not sexist, anti-feminine or whatever but” statement beneath the picture.
“But when we talk about item numbers, there are item numbers and then there are item numbers, and it would be wrong to make sweeping generalizations that all of them are bad. When you have an item number like Beedi Jalaile, for instance, which is based in our folk tradition and is robust and really celebrating women’s sensuality, that’s welcome and completely different from some of the item numbers today that are downright debasing.
“It is in the intention of the filmmaker. It is perfectly possible to be completely vulgar with a woman fully dressed, and it is perfectly possible to be artistic if the woman is completely naked. Voyeuristic camera angles and vulgar lyrics do not empower a woman.” - Shabana Azmi [x]
(trigger warning for generalized MRA bullshit)
(Boston Magazine) - If your last memory of men’s groups is Robert Bly and the boys banging on drums in the woods, you likely have no idea how the movement has mutated. Today, men’s rights groups tend to be organized around the belief that this country has launched a “war on fatherhood.” To them, the rise of feminism resulted in the fall of man, with males now being relegated to the periphery of society. In their eyes, the media portray men as feckless buffoons, legislative bodies unfairly target them, and biased courts blindly punish guiltless husbands. (Full disclosure: I was a producer of the 2011 documentary No Way Out But One, which examined the family court system.)
Nationally, groups like Stop Abusive and Violent Environments (SAVE) and A Voice for Men have helped slow the renewal of the Violence Against Women Act—which would provide $660 million in funding for shelters, legal aid, and other programs to protect battered women—by convincing conservative House Republicans that the law shouldn’t include immigrants, Native Americans, and LGBT victims. SAVE claims the law is biased, noting in a fact sheet titled “Seven Key Facts About Domestic Violence” that “female initiation of partner violence is the leading reason for the woman becoming a victim of subsequent violence.” In other words: She was asking for it, officer.
Kat Dennings plays an ugly obnoxious Jew waitress with big breasts on the hit CBS show “2 Broke Girls”.
In real life Kat Dennings is an ugly obnoxious Jew actress with big breasts who has had topless photos leaked online as you can see below.
Of course these photos actually leaked about 2 years ago, but at the time no one knew who Kat Dennings was. However, now that Kat is actually famous it is our duty as Celeb Jihadists to bite the bullet and expose these frightful topless pictures of this bird nosed fat tittied Zionist whore.
I CAN’T EVEN BEGIN TO TELL YOU HOW FUCKED UP THIS COMMENTARY IS
HOW IS THIS OKAY EVEN
HOLY SHIT SHE HAS BOOBS WHAT A SECRET (they’re lovely)
I H8 U
As an ugly, obnoxious Jew girl with decently-sized mammaries myself, there may be some bias to my opinion, but this blog is really fucking crude, tasteless, and offensive in basically every way it it possible to be so. I checked out the site just to see what kind of material it generally posts, and the commentary on these photos of Kat Dennings (if they are in fact of her, seeing as a huge chunk of these photos are either very bad photoshops or taken out of context, such as pics of Lady Gaga from one of her music videos) might actually be some of the tamer stuff. The entire blog is full of “clever parody”, aka sexist, racist, anti-Semitic, slut-shaming, violent commentary all on a background of rampant, extreme Islamophobia.
For every free coffee beauty privilege gets you, it also gets you a guy following you down the steps on the subway, saying he wants to work his tongue into your ass.
A woman’s beauty is supposed to be her grand project and constant insecurity. We’re meant to shellac our lips with five different glosses, but always think we’re fat. Beauty is Zeno’s paradox. We should endlessly strive for it, but it’s not socially acceptable to admit we’re there. We can’t perceive it in ourselves. It belongs to the guy screaming “nice tits.”
Taking Back Idiot Nerd Girl
I thought this was a super interesting take on the meme, seen as how I was at one point a novice too.
Yes. All of this.
The last one. So much. Does it make you feel good? Does it make you feel powerful? To be the people who made you feel horrible in high school? This is a question I often have to ask of 50 year old men at conventions. It’s like they’ve forgotten.
In 2008, an 18-year-old woman in Washington State reported to police that she had been sexually assaulted. But they didn’t believe her. Lynnwood Police Chief Steve Jensen said that her story changed, her details were inconsistent and that people who knew the victim expressed doubts about her story.
So the police charged her with false reporting, and she pleaded guilty under a deal that included a fine of $500. The charge remains on her record.
Three years later, Marc O’Leary was arrested in Colorado for charges of sexual assault, kidnapping, burglary and felony menacing. He is being held on $5 million bail. When the police raided O’Leary’s home earlier this month, they found photos of his victims.
The 18-year-old woman from Washington was in those photographs.
I think I’m done with news for today. My God, Society can be such a suckerpunch. That expecting a bare minimum of human decency, justice and empathy from individual citizens or law enforcement agents is too much to ask…
Oh my god, this is perfect.
One of the BEST ad campaigns about representation I have seen.
Everyone has a backbone. Use yours.
These signs were posted outside the ballroom where the Non-Sexist Dance was being held on my campus; they’re posted in the line and at the entrance of this dance every quarter. This dance is put on by the LGBT Center, and actually is the most popular event of the school year outside of Sun God. Clearly these signs are a good reminder, as I’ve only been approached disrespectfully once in the past three years, and I have never seen any open discomfort, disrespect, or violence, even in the temporarily gender-neutral restrooms.
In addition, this quarter’s was a Halloween-themed dance, and it was made very clear that anyone who chose to wear a racist costume would not be let in to the dance; accordingly, I did not see any costumes in the range of questionably kosher to blatantly racist. Normally I am a cynical person and have very little in the way of positive things to say about our student body, but the Non-Sexist Dance makes me a pretty happy and hopeful queermosexual.
I definitely just assumed that the female gladiator was just a Xena: Warrior Princess costume.